Thursday, October 18, 2012

30 days and counting....

Another reason I started this blog is because I am about to enter into a new chapter in my life.  My dearest hubby has supported my decision to stay at home and I recently announced my retirement from the corporate world.  30 days to go...but who’s counting?

The arrival of my little bubbers has changed a lot in my life, mostly for the better and while I would sometimes love to be able to sleep in on Saturday and Sunday mornings and have my cup of coffee with no interruption, I wouldn’t change what I have for the world.

To sum things up, he brings constant laughter in my life and makes everything so much more fabulous!

When I became a mother, I was confused, scared, tired, excited, overwhelmed, mesmerized with his every existence and falling in love each day.

It’s astonishing how many dramatic changes babies go through in the first year. It’s like the entire evolution of man all compressed into 12 months. From near blindness to semi-consciousness to rolling, sitting up, crawling and finally bipedalism!

I sometimes find myself questioning if I made the right choice.

When I was working, I would see other moms who would get to stay at home, stacking blocks, going to play groups and filling sippy cups. And I feel envious. A year has flown by in a blink and I missed half of it; I missed his first crawl and his first steps. I don’t want to miss another precious moment with him.

I will be able to say I was there for it all and for that reason, I’m happy with my decision.

2 comments:

  1. And you'll make the best scones, and show those other mums 'how.it.is.done'

    ReplyDelete