Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween!


I’ve been pretty busy lately cooking up a storm and trying new recipes.  My newest obsession is Korean food. Since we don’t have the luxury of great ethnic restaurants in Cayman, that we have in Vancouver, I decided to try making it at home.  This week, I've made so far: beef bugogi, homemade kimchee, Korean potatoes, Korean sesame spinach and tonight I’m going a little further east and trying my hand at making a dish famous in Singapore  - Hainanese chicken and rice.  I’ll post the pictures and recipes as soon as I get a chance to upload it to my computer.


Anyways, it’s almost Halloween and if I had to choose one tradition that I do secretly enjoy it would be Halloween!  It’s such a fun holiday. I just love how it’s a family affair - from the trick-and treat afternoons with the kids to grown-ups dressing up in spooky outfits going to crazy parties and the endless supply of sugary treats (hated the houses that gave raisins and peanuts – what the….)

Last year Baby C was dressed up as a little adorable tiger. He was only 4 months old at the time and the costume was sent to us all the way from Canada by my lovely sister in law. The tiger costume was polar fleeced and lined (with a big belly and all); it was soft and fluffy, perfect for a crisp autumn afternoon in Vancouver. As you can imagine, it didn’t work out too well.   In Cayman, it was not ideal. It was torture for the little guy. Anyways, he lasted just enough for us to take some picture and then screamed for us to take it off. 


So this year Baby C is going to go as superman!  In the summer, while back in Vancouver, my lovely sister in law brought Baby C a superman swimsuit and since we are in Cayman and it's hot here all the time, I figure he could use it as a costume for Halloween as well.  Now all I need is to find him a red cape!





No comments:

Post a Comment